Did you Know?
- NEW DELHI: India is readying for some tough negotiations with the US when the two begin a crucial round of talks on Monday on finalising the contours of the bilateral civil nuclear agreement that will govern...
- In a shocking finding, another Coca-Cola bottling plant in India has been found to be operating in complete violation of environmental laws and regulations in India.
- India was founded as a secular state, but the partition of British India in 1947 into India and Pakistan sparked riots and led to the largest migration in history.
- India's northern border is dominated mostly by Nepal and the Himalayas, the world's highest mountain chain.
- India's fiscal burden of government score is 0.4 point better this year.
- India's cable TV market is one of the world's largest, with more than 60 million subscribers, although growth slowed in 2005.
- India's Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) announced in September 2002 that the naval variant of the Prithvi (Dhanush) has completed sea trials and is ready for "induction." Five tests of different versions of the intermediate-range Agni ballistic missile were conducted between May 1989 and January 2001.